Senior Test Engineer
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as theSenior Test Engineer in the UK (London or Remote) or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
This role will be responsible for the quality assurance of application releases thorough execution of integration, functional and regression testing of SCI’s core business applications minimizing bugs, issues and failures being identified post release. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving multiple test frameworks, the creation of manual and automated test cases, performance testing and integration testing.
Reporting to the Head Testing and QA, you will be responsible for communicating all test progress and outlining any improvements to process. Although you will have no direct line reports, the role will incorporate the mentoring of local and global peers, promoting a testing culture, transparency and the importance of good practices.
This role must expect hands-on defining, generating and executing test scripts as required to fulfil the testing requirements.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong previous experience as a QA Engineer/Test Lead writing and executing test plans in manual and automated test environments
- Strong experience and understanding of all test phases including Unit testing, Functional, Integration and UAT in waterfall and agile environments
- Implementing test approaches for integration testing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Release within an Agile environment
- Working knowledge of Scrum Principles and their application in Development and Testing
- Experience of using manual, automation and performance testing tools
- Experience of using Jira and multiple plugins
- Ability to derive test cases from User Stories and functional specs
- Experience of managing issue tracking databases and prioritising issues for future release
- A demonstrable an eye for detail, problem analysis and resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English - must be able to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level
- Passion for self-motivated learning and knowledge sharing
- Experience of working with development teams both near and offshore
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders, product owners and other colleagues
- The ability to work independently and well under pressure
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Eligibility to work in UK
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD
- Previous experience of Test Automation frameworks ie, Selenium, SpecFlow
- Passion for learning and experimenting with existing/emerging testing standards and software
- Attended any conferences/meetups around software testing
- A desire to take on challenges outside of your comfort zone
We can offer circa £56,000 per annum (If based in the UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National Terms & Conditions (including pay and benefits) will apply.
This role can be based in the UK (London or Remote) or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location for the duration of the contract.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A full copy of the role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.