Deputy PDQ Director
Deputy PDQ Director
Under the general direction and guidance of the Program Development and Quality Director, the Head of Technical Unit will ensure all SCI South Sudan programmes are of excellent technical quality, attract significant donor funding and contribute to national and global learning, advocacy and programme development. The post holder is expected to ensure technical advice and support are consolidated and provided to the programme staff to help achieve cross-sectoral integration and programme coherence. One key aspect of the role is ensuring capability building, mentoring and coaching of technical advisors and specialists in order to support programme quality in line with global standards and key performance indicators. As integral part of the role, the Head of Technical Unit must be able to support Technical Advisors and Specialists to rapidly identify and anticipate problems and issues, help formulate strategic and programming priorities, and write and create products that represent assessments of complex issues under tight deadlines.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree, and experience in relevant social science, human rights, development studies, NGO management or equivalent fields.
- Experience in one or more of Save the Children's thematic sectors: education, child protection, health and nutrition, child poverty, etc.
- Excellent listening, inter-personal, communication and networking skills; proven experience and effectiveness working across functional teams and in a matrixed structure; and an ability to work with diverse populations.
- Experience in managing and overseeing/coordinating technical teams
- Skills in training, capability building, coaching, mentorship, problem solving, and project cycle management.
- Excellent research and analytical skills with ability to write clear and well-argued assessments, project reports, and proposals
- Can work well in stressful situations; able to manage multiple competing tasks, prioritize deliverables and meet reasonable deadlines
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Proven experience as a team player and leader in an international organisation.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in South Sudan or a similar complex emergency setting
- Experience in promoting children’s participation in Programme design, implementation and evaluation.
Contract Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Location: South Sudan, Juba
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 19 Sep 2022
Closing date: 4 Oct 2022 - 00:59 BST
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Department: Programme, Development and Quality
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time