Title: Programme Driver
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Operations
Level 2 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have minimal contact with or access to children or young people.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
The Programme Driver is responsible for providing support in the area of staff road travel needs, ensuring the maintenance and effective running of office & field vehicles.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain & Fleet Officer
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To drive office staff and any other visitors as assigned.
- To be responsible for all office vehicles.
- To ensure that all cars are kept clean at all times.
- To ensure that all vehicles are roadworthy at all times.
- To follow up fuel account for office vehicles and carry out fuel reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly vehicle analysis report.
- Responsible for routine vehicle maintenance inspection checks.
- Ensure that all vehicles are clean at all times.
- Assisting in making payments as well as bank withdrawals and deposits.
- Ensuring timely statutory vehicle payments such as road taxes, vehicle insurance and fitness are done.
- Regular and accurate updating of vehicle logbooks and transferring data on pro fleet datasheet.
- Monitoring vehicle performance.
- Preparation of the monthly personal usage of vehicles.
- To be part of the bigger supply chain picture of local options for reducing carbon emission and supplier child safeguarding.
The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Must be polite and have courtesy.
- Approachable, a good listener and easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 certificate
- Valid clean driver’s license – Class C
- Certificate in Auto mechanics/ skills of minor vehicle repair
- CIPS certificate will be an added advantage.
- 5 years working experience in a reputable organization.
- Must be self-driven, honest, and have the ability to work well under pressure.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD ONLY ATTACH A COVER LETTER AND AN UPDATED CV.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 23rd February2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not engage in any practices which discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status and we will never ask that you pay for anything as part of the selection processor thereafter.